The NSW Biodiversity Conservation Trust (BCT) has been established to support and encourage landholders to protect and conserve biodiversity on private land.
The not- for-profit has announced that it is offering $37 million in it first round of programs in 2018 to support landholders who carry out important conservation management on their properties.
The BCT has developed 3 proposed programs to assist in biodiversity conservation in identified Priority Investment Areas (PIA’s).
- Conservation Management Plan
- Conservation Partners Program
- Biodiversity Offset Program
In the coming months the BCT will call for tenders from interested landholders in the coming areas:
- up to $16 million in tenders to participate in the Conservation Management Program;
- up to $2 million to protect priority koala habitat
- $2 million for fixed rate offers for conservation agreements in high priority investment areas
- $2 million for Conservation Partners Grants
If you are a landholder and considering participating in any of the Biodiversity Conservation Programmes available, Morgan + English Commercial Lawyers are able to assist you in discussing the options available and assist you in participating in the tender process.