Position Advertisement: Senior Associate
- Premier boutique legal firm
- Offices located in Sydney & Upper Hunter Valley
- Dynamic Team Environment
Established in 2016 and experiencing an exciting stage of growth, Morgan + English Commercial Lawyers is a premier boutique legal firm largely in the commercial and agribusiness space with offices in Sydney and the Upper Hunter Valley. We act for a range of clients including high net worth individuals and SMEs across the agricultural, thoroughbred, processing, and heavy industries.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Senior Associate with 4-5 years’ post admission experience or an Associate ready to take the next step to advance their career to Senior Associate. This is a leadership position working closely with the firm’s partners and lawyers. You will play an integral role in the team and will be able to effectively manage mid-sized to larger matters. You will have strong experience across Merger & Acquisitions and Sale of Business, Sale of Shares, Due Diligence, Capital Raise, Corporate Succession & Planning, Lending & Securitisation, Corporate Governance, Terms & conditions, NDA’s and General Commercial Contract Drafting and Review.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor of Law Degree or equivalent.
- 4-5 years’ experience in a commercial law firm
- Previous leadership experience and willingness to provide mentoring and guidance.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, research, problem solving and drafting skills.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively.
- Can do attitude and a desire to invest in their career development.
- A desire to contribute to and participate in firm development and workplace culture.
- A legal right to work in Australia.
- Possess high attention to detail, resilience, tenacity, and diligence in all work carried out.
- Familiar with legal software, preferably LEAP.
- Have the flexibility to work outside of ordinary office hours as required and be able to travel for matters as required.
- Act as an ambassador of the firm and model our values of Respect, Balance, Innovation, Brave & Bold and Passionate & Proud.
If you are interested in being considered for this opportunity, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This role will ideally commence mid-February 2024.