Position Advertisement: Paralegal
Morgan + English Commercial Lawyers
Sydney & Hunter Valley
Established in 2016, Morgan + English Commercial Lawyers is a premier boutique legal firm largely in the commercial and agribusiness space with offices in Sydney and the Upper Hunter Valley.
Our core practice areas include Business, Finance, Land + Water + Home, Dispute Management, Future Planning, Workplace and Sustainability.
We act for a range of clients including high net worth individuals and SMEs across the agricultural, thoroughbred, processing, and heavy industries.
We pride ourselves on providing quality services and working with our clients to deliver optimal outcomes.
We are the destination law firm for both our clients and our team.
M+E have fostered a great culture in the workplace and have a young and dynamic team who are passionate about innovation and adoption of technology that improves the processes, efficiencies, and costs for clients. You can see more of our culture on our Instagram account, @morganenglishlawyers.
An exciting opportunity exists for a paralegal to join our growing team.
You can expect to be involved in a broad range of work and to be exposed to a plethora of experiences and professional development opportunities. As a paralegal, you will enjoy the benefits of rotations across our firm’s practice areas and work as part of the operations team to provide both legal and administrative support offering the opportunity to gain exposure and experience across our firm. You will receive guidance and mentoring to ensure your continued success.
This role will see you working closely with the team’s senior lawyers and assisting with:
- Preparing and receiving correspondence, printing and other administrative duties as required on a daily basis.
- Receiving instructions from solicitors handling matters and completing various tasks within set timeframes.
- Providing effective support to the team so that legal work is supported by necessary background information and assistance.
- Researching and analysing legal issues as requested to support the firm’s provision of legal service and advice.
- Taking file notes to ensure that all relevant information is accurately documented.
- Developing and maintaining current knowledge in relation to the legal practice areas in which you work.
- Actively participating in meetings, reviews, and other business initiatives to enhance your professional development.
- Engaging in the mentor/mentee relationship – every role in the firm has the ability to receive and give mentoring advice.
- Working collaboratively as part of a multidisciplinary team by promoting consistency, rigour, and knowledge transfer.
- Completing other duties under direction, including daily office administration and management tasks.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, KEY SKILLS & ATTRIBUTES
The successful applicant:
- Will be currently in their Second or Third year of studying a Bachelor of Laws Degree or Second year Juris Doctor;
- Has achieved strong academic results in university studies;
- Is interested in the different areas of law practiced by the firm;
- Possesses high attention to detail, tenacity and diligence, and strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Be able to manage and organise time and workload and prioritise multiple tasks;
- Be able to work autonomously as well as collaboratively;
- Confident with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Is engaged and familiar with technology;
- Shares our firm values of Respect, Balance, and Innovation; and
- Has a desire to contribute to and participate in firm development and culture.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you are interested in being considered for this position with us, please send an email attaching your resume and cover letter together with your academic transcript to